Legal Services Info
LEGAL SERVICES PLAN OPEN FOR NEW CASES
UNTIL THE END OF 2013
The UAW Legal Services Plan is open and operating, with lawyers available to draft wills, fix real estate problems or help with outstanding debts for eligible active workers, retirees and surviving spouses.
At the end of this year, December 31, 2013, UAW Legal Services Plan will stop taking in new cases as required by the 2011 contracts with GM, Ford and Chrysler. However, all cases that have been opened with the Plan by December 31, will be handled to completion.
Here are some legal services UAW members may need that the Plan can handle:
1. A new will.
2. A review of past estate planning.
3. Probate of a relative’s estate.
4. Guardianship or conservatorship proceedings.
5. Social Security Disability for Retirees.
6. Fixing credit report problems
7. Resolving real estate deed, boundary or easement problems.
8. Addressing burdensome debt.
9. Obtaining a mortgage loan modification.
10. Collecting debts owed to our members.
Our biggest problem right now is that many members believe that the Plan has already ended. That may mean that members are not taking advantage of a still available benefit. Members can call the Legal Services at (816) 781-7791 for services.